Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Everyday News

In the past few weeks we've been having major computer issues. So frustrating and annoying. At the moment is no longer crashing every few minutes, but the monitor resolution is set so low that I can't stand to even look at it.

Let alone download pictures from Christmas.

Let alone update my blog with said pictures.

How can I do a Christmas post without pictures?

Instead I'll just share a bit of what I'm up to these days....

What I'm watching: I was excited to watch Chuck when season 3 started this week! I'm also eagerly awaiting the start of the final season of Lost - any other fans out there watching? Could it be anymore exciting to know we're going to finally know what the heck has been going on these past years!? Oh yeah, and Friday Night Lights, Tami and Eric Taylor are my favorite TV couple and after last season's finale I can't wait to see what's in store for them. Thank goodness for DVR!

What I'm reading: I just finished "Sweet Caroline" by Rachel Hauck. I enjoyed it so much, much more than I was expecting. If your local library has it I would definitely recommend it! I've decided to read through Psalms and Proverbs (one of each per day) and I'm looking forward to how the Word will convict, challenge and encourage me.

What I'm cooking: Tonight I made a yummy crock pot chicken taco filling and Monday was white chicken chili. Both were enjoyed by all (and by all I mean all of us except Catherine) and as long as they weren't loaded down with cheese and sour cream, pretty healthy!

What I'm doing: This is the time of year that I get back into a workout routine. It always seems like with the busyness of fall and then Christmas I totally stop exercising and then I lose weight and think why bother exercising and then I feel all soft and jiggly and realize I probably just lost muscle weight and tricked myself into thinking I could eat a ton and do nothing and still feel good. So now it's back to the grind with Jillian Michael's workouts and cardio on the treadmill. It's always fun when Catherine comes down to watch me and says things like "you can't stop mom, you can't stop." (I wasn't stopping, just remarked that i was tired).

What's new: I'm looking forward to a girls' weekend with my college buddies. Definitely nice to look forward to in the dead of winter.

Also Ella had her first Upward basketball game this past weekend. The program is really organized and well run, but you can't escape the fact that it was 5-7 year olds playing basketball. It was pretty entertaining and really Ella did better than I thought she would having never seen or played a game in her life.

I spent the day in Catherine's preschool class this morning and her teacher said some kind things about her that made me feel so proud of her and really encouraged me. I tend to worry because she's a bit slow in her letter recognition/memorization and for some reason it drives me crazy that she can't remember them and I worry that she isn't a good learner. So, it was really nice to hear things about Catherine's personality that will serve her well as she continues to grow and to be reminded that the letter learning will come and she's right on track with everything!

That girl just cracks me up. I have to share this cute little thing she said the other night when I was putting her to bed. She said "mom, when I'm older and I have to work who will take care of my baby?" (I imagine this stemmed from me watching my friend's baby all last week?) I went through a variety of options and then I said "or a grandma could watch the baby" Catherine responded with "yeah, you can watch my baby. Even when I'm older I'll still need your help!" My heart melted and even just now it makes me tear up. It reminds me that no matter how old they get, they will always be your babies who you want to take care of (even when you know you shouldn't!).

3 comments:

Crafty P said...

funny, I was working up a similiar post!

love that story about Catherine. so, so precious!

Happy said...

You know I can't read about what you're reading without having to read it myself! I'll be reserving a copy of Sweet Caroline asap! And what a lovely book title for me to read!!

I also have to dig out my elliptical from the far trenches of the storage room...it's time to start working out for me too! I have a little bit of baby weight to lose and can certainly stand to tone up!

I think it's great that your life seems so balanced! Working out, eating well, reading well, and raising those adorable girls! Love it!

Renee said...

kept meaning to comment and forgot!

love how catherine said what she said!!!! so sweet!!! reminds me of how nolan said something like "i'll always be your little boy even when i'm big like daddy..." tears spring immediately!!

i'll have to come to an upwards basketball game sometime! must be so adorable!

glad you had such a great weekend with friends!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails