Monday, September 13, 2010

Blogging Funk

I'm still here.



I promise I will be here more often soon.


The last month plus has been a bit crazy and while it would have been good to be able to get on here record and remember things...it just wasn't happening.


Memorable events in the past month since I last posted...

In no particular order....

  • My baby turned five! I definitely will be doing a post on my darling Catherine and her fifth birthday. But you know what that means? I also have to do a post on my beloved first born's sixth birthday....yay, just a bit behind on things.

  • Matt suffered from an undiagnosable stomach ailment that resulted in not one, but TWO, emergency room visits. I guess I should do a nice detailed post about it just for posterity's sake, but man, a little more time needs to pass before I feel like processing through all of that again!

  • Our kitchen got attacked by weevil moths. I am not a big lover of bugs (surprise surprise), but I have to say that these things now top my listed as most hated bug ever. Yes, more so than the dreaded stink bugs which now just seem like a part of our family (kidding...kind of).

  • We went on vacation to New Jersey for our week long beach trip with my family. Matt's stomach ailment put a major damper on things, but despite that we had a lovely trip with great weather and time together.

  • Ella started first grade. My big girl is gone from 9-4 every day and it's kind of hard to believe that she spends more waking hours a week at school than at home. Sniff sniff. Makes me appreciate weekends that much more!

  • I coached Ella and her team in their first soccer game on Sunday. The whole soccer coach thing had been fun so far - thankfully the girls didn't seem to mind losing 10-0 :)

  • Finally - tomorrow Catherine starts her PreK program.


Each of these events (even the darn weevils, advice is needed) deserves the attention of an individual post. So now you know what you have to look forward to :)

I promise I'll get there.

Slowly.


At the moment I'm busy taking pictures of myself using Photo Booth. It's quite addicting. If I actually knew how to use it other than to take really really ugly pictures of myself I would post one on here. Don't worry, I'll figure it out soon.

So much to look forward to I know!

5 comments:

Happy said...

I think we've all suffered from a form of Blogger's Block this summer!

Sorry Matt's been sick, stomach ailments are certainly no fun either. Hope he's feeling better.

Bugs are the worst. I got bit/stung/attacked by something this summer one day while cleaning the bathroom. I swore it was the Asian Tiger Mosquito. But you know, everyone just said I was being dramatic....

Your girls are getting big! Can't imagine what that must be like! I'd be like, "Derek! We're having another!" Or, "Matt...we'r having another!" in your case.

Did you do any summer reading?

Crafty P said...

Yeah I'm having a tough time getting back into the writing groove. Words just don't seem to fit together for my fingers lately.

I've been battling these pesky little "ants" in my pantry. I can't stand them!!!!! They won't go away and I'm so frustrated. I have no bug advice for you.

I think I know what a stink bug is, I'll take a picture the next time I see it on my window screen. I've never noticed these before and they seem to be EVERYWHERE! do they really stink?

Vinny had stomach issues this summer- diverticulosis (not -litis) was his diagnosis. no fun.

Can't wait to see pics of the girls on their birthdays and first days of school!

Megan said...

I have never heard of an Asian Tiger Mosquito - sounds interesting...or completely fabricated! ;)

Crafty, stink bugs really do stink when you crush them or harass them too much.

With Matt's permission I'll do a nice detailed post on his stomach issues. I know you guys just can't wait!!!

chrissie k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chrissie k said...

WHEN you find answers to your weevil mothy problem you'd BETTER post them! Ours are ridiculous! Other than throwing away ALL of my food AGAIN (2nd time this summer) I have no other answers. I'm keeping my food as long as I can!

Love you SIL. Good to see the update!

Related Posts with Thumbnails