I wish I had another interesting (I guess that might be pushing it a bit) to share, but it's just been another week of copy with this apparent phase that Ella is going through which results in lots of whining, fussing and back talking. The last post I described it as a mood, but after a week straight of it I think we've moved into a phase.
I had something totally different in mind to post tonight. But that would have involved stringing together coherent sentences and that would require a train of thought - just don't think I have it in me. We're having a Young Life bonfire tonight and the kids are all out back playing charades and having fun. After putting Ella and Catherine to bed I slipped out to the back yard to talk to Matt and one of the girls said "awwwww - you're in your pj's!". Yep, it was 8:30, a bunch of teenagers were in my backyard and I was in my pjs (which, thanks to Renee, were very cute and not all embarrassing.) with my glasses on. I imagine some of those kids were thinking ".....hmmm, get married and have kids???? if this is what it does to you, not so sure I'm interested." That's what having two kids has done to me. Instead of being outside socializing (again, it's teenagers and I'm not actively leading YL anymore, so it's not totally pathetic) I would rather be inside in my comfy jamies, lounging on the couch. Anyone with me on that?
So basically you all (and by all I mean ALL ten of you - for whom I am very grateful!) get to read bits of randomness from our household.
In list format to help me concentrate.
1. I recently posted on fall TV. So to update, so far I am enjoying Chuck and Pushing Daisies - both entertaining and fun in very different ways. I tried Bionic Woman, but I'm just not sure I'll stick with it. Another show that kind of pulled me in (I seriously tried to resist) is Dirty Sexy Money. The main character sets the tone for the show and makes it compelling. As for returning shows I've been pleasantly surprised by Grey's Anatomy and hope it continues to improve over last season. I've been loving The Office and of course "PB&J" but I feel like the hour long episodes have been dragging a bit and some of the jokes are a bit broad and not as subtle (Michael in the lake, going back for the gift basket -really those are the two main things). I'm ready for 30 minutes episodes where I want more at the end. Friday Night Lghts just premiered last Friday and was wonderful. There were a couple of lines in it that were hysterical and a couple of points that had me close to tears. It's just that good.
So what shows have you enjoyed these past few weeks? Which ones have let you down? I'd love to hear from you...
2. What I'm reading: Peace Like a River by Leif Enger. I've heard good things about this book for awhile and just picked it up today and already find it very intriguing. Ok, I posted that picture from Amazon and wanted to make sure you know you can't really look inside. From my sight at least. On Amazon you can go right ahead and look inside.
3. This should have been number one because I'm very excited about it. But this list is not in order according to priority or importance or excitement level. Anyway, tomorrow Matt and I are going to see Shane and Shane and Bebo Norman in concert. So excited! I've been waiting for their (Shane and Shane) new album to come out and hoped to have it beforehand so I could really enjoy the concert but Matt insisted that we wait and buy it there. I guess our concert preferences are different - I like to be pretty familar with the album that the band is most likely going to be playing from before I go. Matt....not so much. How about you? Do you have an opinion?
4. Preschool does not really cost $_/month. It cost $_/month plus field trips and school pictures and fundraisers and special snack days. I was not prepared for this at all. I should have been warned. Feeling very thankful right now that we went with the cheaper, I mean, lower costing, preschool.
5. Tomorrow is Ella's school picture. I am struggling over which package to buy. I wouldn't mind having some wallets to give people and 5X7's for grandparents to proudly display. The problem is what if it's not a good picture. I mean, this is her first time I have no clue if she'll smile sweetly or give a big goofy pirate grin. As much as I love the pirate grin I'm not sure I want 16 wallets of it. Who wants to bet that we'll get 16 wallets with a beautiful pirate face?
Well five is enough for tonight. Next time I'll have to tell you about the two southern women whose blogs I stumbled upon and now love and I've even listened to their podcast. Afterwards I say ya'll alot.