Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Adventures in picture taking

This past weekend we headed down to Chincoteague VA to spend time with Matt's family and celebrate his mom's birthday and his parent's 40th anniversary. It was a short visit, but we had a great time and really made the most of it. I've only been to Chincoteague a few times, but it is really growing on me and I enjoy it more and more each visit. It's so different from what I'm used to at the Jersey shore and I love the slower pace and the smaller crowds.

Even though we only had two nights there, we had a point of organizing family pictures on the beach. It was definitely quite an adventure!

After a group photo, we got some pictures of the cousins on the dunes.....

Yeah, I know- they're a pretty cute bunch!

Then we got some sister pictures....


Sophia couldn't stay away and joined Catherine for a few shots. The four kids got along so well and love their time together so much. Sophia loves having a younger one around and her and Catherine spent a lot of time playing together.

We could only keep their attention for so long. There was another presence that was drawing them away....

THE OCEAN!!!!
Soon they were all captivated by it and were contemplating dipping their toes in the water. Catherine looks so tall because she is the furthest away - still not sure if she wants to get wet...
Dipping their toes in quickly became this....
And this.....don't you love the look of joy on their faces?

Catherine even braved the water, although most of my pictures of her are her running away as quickly as possible!

While our kids were drenching themselves in their dress clothes, we figured we'd be boring and stay dry and instead just have our picture taken.


The kids had so much fun just being silly and crazy. Of course it wasn't enough for Ella to get wet, she had to roll in the sand so her dress was weighted down with pounds of sand. That was fun afterwards.
And finally....nothing special, except check out the look on Ella's face...
To me it says "am I really gonna get away with this?" Very typical Ella! Lucky for her, she was!

9 comments:

stella g. said...

i have always dreamed of having family pictures all dressed alike in white on a beach. actually, that reminds me of way too many matching sweater/olin mills photo ops back when i was 12. hmm.... but white is so much better!

Erin said...

Megs,
the one with them holding up their dresses with their undies showing is just too adorable. I, too, have tried to get together family pics on the beach and have never been successful... i guess there's always next year!

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm about to make my 2nd loaf of Irish soda bread! :)
Where are the PONIES~?~ I loved those stories by Margarite Henry! :)
The children look lovely and very happy. And you two too!
God bless!

chrissie k said...

GREAT PICTURES. it got me really excited for the Koerber vaca! i'll bring some white shirts for the boys... love ya lady.

Kevin and Amy said...

GORGEOUS pictures, Megan!! The one of you and Matt is a total "framer." In fact, it looks like the kind of picture that would already be in a frame when you buy it! It's perfect!

Those kids are beautiful, all of them. I love that the posed pictures evolved into "real life" pictures. Ah, youth!!!

Renee said...

love those kids in the water in their nice outfits!!! Definitely love the undie shot as well. Beautiful picture of you and Matt!

Anonymous said...

Gosh these great pics should make us all determined to make time for beach pictures. I really like the informality of the kids pictures. The white dresses look beautiful--even when pulled up! Mom k

Teri said...

How fun! And the water's so blue compared to the Jersey shore - where do you go in Jersey, anyway? Gregg's parents' have a house there

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Love those dresses. I hear ya on how hard it is to get the whole fam looking picture perfect for the photo opp. I don't know why but every time I try I am always convinced that THIS TIME they are gonna turn out SO PERFECT! But those less than perfect ones often end up being some of my favs and I know years from now we will look back and LOVE those ones!

Related Posts with Thumbnails