Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Super Snowstorm , Part 1

We had a big snowstorm this past weekend. Big as in 20+ inches of snow big! I know this isn't any news to any of my blogging friends out there, because I believe the vast majority of you are on the East Coast and got hit by the same storm! But it was a weekend worth remembering, so here it goes....

Friday night we went to dinner at our friend's house. We figured that we'd be snowed in on Saturday and it would be good to get out of the house when we could! While we were there it started snowing so we figured that was a sign that we should.....get in the hot tub! We all changed into our bathing suits and ran across their deck in the snow and enjoyed a memorable time with the snow falling on our heads as we relaxed (oh wait, kids don't relax in hot tubs, they bounce from side to side, splishing and splashing everywhere) in the hot water.

When we woke up the morning, this is what we saw...



Here is our street! Can you even tell?

The plow made it down our low priority dead end street a few hours after it stopped snowing, but after the horror stories I've heard from heard from nearby counties and cities and faraway areas I really have no reason to complain. I am actually really impressed with how quickly the snow was removed - good to see my tax dollars at work!


Of course we didn't wait for the snow to stop or the roads to be plowed to go out and play in the snow, in fact, playing in the snow is much more fun when you have the whole street to play in...



That's Matt getting buried in the snow! I am the lucky one taking pictures :)

My cutie Ella enjoying the snow...
My little pink marshmellow Catherine taking a break from eating snow....
After snow time we came in and warmed up with hot chocolate and I made sugar cookie dough.
(As an aside, what is it about snow that makes us want to cook and bake and eat? Because I think I ate more cookies, snacks and carbs than usual over this past weekend.)
I just let the kids go to town decorating them. I really did, I was actually in the other room the entire time.

Catherine may have gone a bit overboard with the green sprinkles!

Ella did a little better...
That was Saturday, we still had a busy Sunday ahead of us....stay tuned for Part 2 to follow.

1 comment:

Renee said...

can you believe this snow?!?! looking forward to sledding (or er... sled riding) with you guys!!
love the lovely cookie decorating too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails