Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Big girl bed...

That is the new thing in our household. We finally moved Ella out of her crib and into a twin bed. I actually bought the comforter for her twin bed a year ago because I wanted to paint and pick out accessories for her room but wasn't ready to switch her from a crib - I didn't want to have to worry about her sleeping changing as well as deal with a newborn. So we finally got down an old twin bed and mattress from the attic and set it up in her room. She was so excited - especially because it was the bed that her daddy slept in when he was little! Of course she was so wired that she had a lot of troubling winding down for bed. I think it was around 9pm (starting at 8) that she stopped calling for us (1st to get her special Curious George book to have in bed, then to turn on the lights so she could read- not gonna happen!) and settled in for the night. It's such a weird feeling to see her in that "big" little bed. She seems so grown up that it makes my heart ache a bit. No more diapers, no more crib - big aspects of babyhood are being left behind this summer.

I think someone is awake upstairs which is pretty unusual for my girls so I'll have to stop my sappiness and go check!

Thanks for checking in....

4 comments:

chrissie k said...

Isaac is getting his big boy bed this week and we'll be doing the same! What fun, Megan... Keep posting a bit about how she's going with it. LOVE YOU.

Erin said...

Geez, Megan, a couple teeth in Nadia's mouth made me cry. I can't imagine the "big girl bed" transistion!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ella! I'm sure the transition won't go without a few bumps in the road but,in the end it will all work out! I can't imagine the day when we move Will to a big boy bed...seems so far off right now. But I've already seen how quickly time flies. I was looking at his newborn pics yesterday and got all choked up. Those first few weeks when so fast, I don't think I even enjoyed them as much as I should. Crazy. Glad to know your a blog junkie too!!! This will be fun.
Kate

Anonymous said...

I had to move Derek to a big boy bed when Sarah needed the crib so that was not as hard for me because of the necessity. Moving Sarah into her big girl bed was very hard for me. I don't have babies any more. (Not that I am getting the itch!) It just is a hard reality that they do grow up. Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails