Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My budding artist

Yesterday Ella made this sweet family drawing and I couldn't resist posting it.

From left to right, Daddy, Catherine, Ella and Mommy.
Anyone else think that maybe daddy needs a hair cut?
Matt and I both had to work hard to not burst out laughing when Ella showed him (even though I had already seen it and knew what to expect.) He looks a bit feminine to say the least. She actually made two family drawings and I did choose the one in which Matt looks more manly. Ella had so much fun drawing his hair I almost don't want him to get a haircut! In all seriousness, I think she's a great artist. I'm surprised she didn't add earrings and eyelashes to the girls - she's all about the details! Oh, she did add some matching fingernail polish - suh-weet!
It's Wednesday which means it's a SYTYCD night. Crafty P will be doing this weeks recap.
Also, I promise to be back to share the good, the bad, and the ugly of my birthday trip to Six Flags. Yes, there are some of all three (but mostly good, don't worry!)!

8 comments:

Teri said...

I love the picture! It is adorable! And being honest, she's an EXCELLENT artist for a soon-to-be kindergartner. I work hard in preschool to get kids to add details (and bodies!) to their pictures. I'm constantly walking around saying, "If you're four years old, you need to use 4 colors in your drawing - if you're five years old..." etc. I wouldn't need to tell Ella that, though! :) Great job!

Megan said...

Teri - I read Ella what you wrote and she was so excited!

Happy said...

What a great family picture...a framer for sure.

Funny how kids will portray their parents!

She's creative and imaginative...that's awesome!

As a side note, I'm loving The Thirteenth Tale. Loving it. Much better than The House at Riverton. Almost finished with it and I'm in total suspense!

Teri said...

BTW - the nail polish on you and Catherine is such a cute detail!

Teri said...

I mean on you and Ella :)

Renee said...

hahaha!!! jon and i laughed at matt's femininity (in the picture only of course).... :)
but seriously, ella is a GREAT artist! you must be proud!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

You def need to frame this for sure... she did a fabulous job and I love matt's flowing hair. :-)

Cindy said...

Megan I too have a budding artist and it is so much fun to watch them grow and develop. Wonderful drawing Ella, keep up the wonderful work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails