Monday, November 12, 2007

Is anyone else in shock that Thanksgiving is next week? Somehow that just doesn't seem right seeing as how I just put away my summer clothes.

So we got Ella's preschool picture back last week. Of course because I ordered the smallest and cheapest package it turned out adorable - no pirate smile at all! Now I have one 5X7 and about 8 wallets of a really cute picture. I'll definitely share it with you when I get a chance to scan or take a picture of it. Along with her individual shot we have a class photo as well. There's just something about having her first class photo and first school picture that hit me hard. My mom kept every single 5X7 school picture from every year - preschool through 12th grade. They are all lined up in order from youngest to oldest. Many times a friend/boyfriend (or in brother's case, girlfriend)/extended family member/random visitor has enjoyed a good laugh looking at the Koerber kids from 4 to 18. Because you know in there were some awkward years. For some of us more than others, but none of us escaped it. I'm curious - how many of you that read this blog have had the privilege of The School Photo Tour? Well now we have our first photo for Ella. It's framed and sitting in our family room reminding me of myself at that age and making me excited and also nervous for all the many more photos to come. Not because of what they'll look like, but because of all the learning and growing and struggling and succeeding and failing and hurting and rejoicing that those years will bring. It's hard to be at the point when you have to start letting your children out "there" to experience life on their own. Obviously it's just a few hours a week at this point but that photo on our entertainment center is just one more reminder that Ella is growing up. I'm not sure I'm ready for it, but I have to accept it!

A big event is coming up in the deMontaigne household. Matt is having a septoplasty on Wednesday to repair his severely deviated septum and hopefully help him breath better and sleep more soundly. I have to honestly say that I haven't given it a ton of thought - which is unusual for me. In fact last night I mentioned it to Matt and he said "oh yeah" - because he kept forgetting that it was coming up in a few days. So today, in typical Megan fashion, I began looking up information on the procedure and the recovery time. I even found a blog that detailed one man's recovery period. Of course that means that now I am not as relaxed about it. I'm nervous about how he's going to feel afterwards and how quickly he'll start to reap the benefits of having the surgery. We leave to visit his family for Thanksgiving next Wednesday and neither one of us have factored his recovery into the equation. For some having this procedure has been a walk in the park, for others it seems to take two weeks at the very least to start to feel back to normal. So yeah, that kind of freaks me out. But I know all I can do is pray for Matt and his doctor and anyone else involved with his surgery on Wednesday and for the recovery afterwards. Hopefully you'll join in praying as well. I'll keep you posted....

5 comments:

Erin said...

megan,
yes, i am completely shocked that Thanksgiving is next week. i, too, just dug out my sweaters and boots and coats, etc. so it seems like it should be... October?

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan! My husband, Jay Mitlo, is the Area Director of Young Life East Hills here in Pittsburgh. Chris Buda is his boss and John Wagner is Buda's boss. I don't know if any of those names ring any bells.....but we certainly know a ton of YL peeps from all over. We've done several assignments and millions of camp trips. Have you ever gone to an All Staff Conference in Fla????

Anyway, it's always fun to meet more people involved with YL! I hope your husbands surgery goes smoothly, just keep the prayers and pain relievers flowing....

Rachel

Renee said...

We're praying for Matt's recovery! Glad the surgery is over and done with though... :)

Crafty P said...

I've begun the T-giving planning here! I can't believe it's next week either.

I'm so regretting not getting Gabriel's preschool picture package. I was feeling very non-traditional that day and decided to opt out completely! rebelious of me isn't it!

I'll definitely keep Matt in our prayers- when exactly is the surgery? did you mention that in your post?

ps. Rachel is my friend from high school!!! I never thought to mention that her husband worked in YL to you. weird.

Tasha Antonia Hoover said...

We're praying for Matt! We missed his birthday too... doh (that's Homer's sound). We love you both!

Related Posts with Thumbnails