Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Now comes the fun part

We're home again - after a looooong day at the surgery center. Matt is upstairs in a state of semi consciousness from the lingering effects of the anethesia and the new effect of his pain medicine. His surgery went quickly and I was initially told he would be in recovery at 11:30 and heading home by 12 or 12:30. Due to complications with his blood pressure, nausea and continued grogginess, he wasn't moved from post-op to recovery until close to 3pm. It was hard to see him in so much discomfort - I know without a doubt that I haven't missed my calling as a nurse - I can't handle seeing others in pain.

Tomorrow he gets the packing, aka tampons (seriously, that's what the Dr. called them), out of his nose. Once we get past that fun experience I'm hoping we see some improvement. I got a surprise offer a help from Matt's mom and she is coming tomorrow for the next day or two. Definitely an answer to prayers because I feeling nervous about being a caretaker to Matt and having the kids dependent upon me as well.

That's all for now. Thanks for checking in and I'm sure I'll have another update along with something a bit more exciting and fun to read!!!

One funny bit was that Ella thought that Matt was sick and was contagious so she was hiding from him when we got home (not like he was in the mood for saying hi to anyone). I realized this when she went to sit on the couch and said something like "did Daddy sit here? Is it ok to sit here?" I explained that she couldn't catch anything from him, but now that I think of it I really should have played up the contagious bit. That is probably the only thing that would keep her from coming in our room and trying to crawl over Matt to snuggle between us in the morning. As it is I will most likely lay awake from 7am on listening for the sound of her door opening so I can intercept her. Oh well, hindsight is 20-20!!

2 comments:

Crafty P said...

good to hear you're home and that it went well.

prayers for his smooth recovery and for patience in helping him through it!

Nancy said...

It all sounds so awful...I hope he's feeling better!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails