Monday, March 17, 2008

Even if you can't see them or hear them at all...

A person's a person no matter how smallMatt was off today so we decided to take the kids to see Horton Hears a Who. Ella doesn't have school this week and it's that time of year when the kids (and parents) are just longing for warm, play outside all day, weather - perfect time to do something out of the ordinary and go see a movie! Plus - Catherine is free until she turns 3! The girls loved it and Matt and I enjoyed it as well. I loved Horton (voiced by Jim Carey) and the Mayor (voiced by Steve Carrell). As for scary parts - they were pretty mild and both girls watch with no problems. Definitely a good pick for a family film. Just one warning - the main "villain" is a homeschooling, I mean, pouch schooling Kangaroo - I imagine that would be offensive to some so I'm just throwing it out there.
I've continued to update my movie and reading list. I think I've read all the books that are listed - just haven't had time to strike them out - too busy reading! Have you seen or read anything from my list (but not neccesarily b/c it was from my list)? Care to offer your opinion? I'm one of those who has a hard time imagining why people like or dislike things different from me. I know, I know - sounds extremely arrogant but I guess I just know what I like and don't like. But I don't mind hearing a different view! Anything you've read or watched lately to recommend? Pass it along!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

I've heard lots of great things about the movie. It sounds like a great flick! It is awesome that kids under 3 get in free.

I love seeing the reading list. The Thirteenth Tale is coming up pretty soon on my list! I can't wait. Right now I'm reading Fast Food Nation. Just started it, so no report yet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails